Looking for something to DO?!?!
Summer is HERE... have you ever wanted to learn PADDLE boarding or KAYAKING? Are the kids out of school and looking for some summer fun like ROCK climbing or SWIM lessons? Below, is a list of just a few of the activities the City of Pocatello provides, through Pocatello Outdoor Recreation, that are still available! SIGN-UP today!
Fun Runs 2022
- June 11 – Joy in the Journey
- July 9 – Quinn Meadows Cruise
- August 13 – Joint Jaunt
- September 10 – The Simplot Run
- Outdoor Youth Rock Climbing (June, July, August – 15 spots available)
- Teen and Tween Summer Programs (8 spots available)
- Float the Portneuf River – Kayak, Tubing (June and July)
- Intro to Inflatable Kayaking (June – 10 spots available)
- Intro to Inflatable Paddle Boarding (July – 12 spots available)
- Stand-up Paddleboard Fitness Class (June and July) $8 per class equipment provided
*Attendees can bring their own equipment or can rent equipment from Parks and Rec.
White Water Rafting Rental Equipment: rent.pocatello.gov
Swim Lessons (Youth)
- Days and times vary – a few spots are still available
- Day Classes: Raptor Zone (June, August)
- Summer Day Classes (June, August)
- Half-day Camp
- Jr. Zookeeper Camp (July – 12 spots available)
- Symbiotic Relationships Camp (July – 13 spots available)
- Urban Wildlife Camp (July – 9 spots available)
- Zoo-4-Tots (June, Aug – spots available)
*Description of Zoo Idaho classes/camps: pocatello.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3009/Zoo-Idaho-PDF
Main Menu: pocatello.gov/278/Parks-Recreation
Class Registration: register.pocatello.gov
2022 Activity Guide: pocatello.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3047/SpringSummer-2022-Activity-Guide-PDF
Or call the Parks and Recreation Department at 208-232-3901.