Congratulations to the winners of this year's scholarship!
The five winners of the 2022 “Pocatello’s Promise of Tomorrow Mayoral Scholarship” were able to stop by City Hall and get their photos in the City Council Chambers with Mayor Brian Blad.
The scholarship program is in its third year. Each two-year scholarship awards the student $2000, or $500 per semester, to use at Idaho State University.
Following are the recipients, their high schools, and their future area of study (Left to Right):
- Daniel Quayle – Highland High School – Secondary Education
- Jaylee Crum – Highland High School – Nursing
- Sami Armstrong – Pocatello High School – Cosmetology
- Lucas Whitehead – Highland High School – Secondary Education, Social Work, or Psychology
- Devonney Curran – Century High School – Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
The Mayoral Scholarship Committee reviewed and selected the awardees based on possible roadblocks to higher education, personal and higher education goals, and financial need.
The scholarship was made possible through a collaboration with the Pocatello-Chubbuck Chamber Foundation and funded by contributions from Idaho Central Credit Union, Lookout Credit Union, D.L. Evans Bank, Citizens Community Bank, and U.S. Bank.