The City of Pocatello Water Department will be conducting its annual system flushing program beginning April 4, 2022, and will take approximately three weeks to complete. The flushing program is very important to the maintenance of the City’s water system and serves the following purposes:
- Enhances water quality by clearing any sediment from distribution pipes
- Verifies the condition and proper operation of fire hydrants and valves
- Verifies sufficient water flow for fire
Tips during system flushing
- There may be a temporary drop in water pressure at this time
- Water may be rusty or cloudy. Discolored water is not harmful and will clear up in a few hours.
If you see a crew flushing a hydrant on your street, avoid running tap water and using the washing machine or the dishwasher until the flushing is completed. If you see hydrant-flushing crews working in the area, please drive carefully and treat them like any other road construction crew.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Dave Christensen at 208-234-6182.
# # #